Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Jimmy's Sticky Jerky

Disclaimer: I recieved products directly from the company to  facilitate my review. All opinions are my own, as well as close friends and family as well. 

A little information on Jimmy's Beef Jerky: 
My love for Beef Jerky started at birth.  My mother must have eaten it daily while she was pregnant and gotten me hooked.  I can't remember a time when Beef Jerky wasn't my favorite snack, and I still can't get enough.  I have tried every piece of beef jerky I have come across and have only found a few that I wouldn't eat again.  I'm talking out of hundreds or even thousands of them, there are only a few I didn't care for (the seaweed jerky really stands out as one of them, Blech!!). While in the Army, most young men were getting letters from their girlfriends and wives, and there were always "care packages" being sent to us.  Cookies, snacks, all kinds of things.  Everyone always gathered round me at Mail Call though, because they knew my folks had sent me more beef jerky!  I made a lot of friends with my care packages from home.
For years, I have been perfecting what I believe Beef Jerky should be.  Moist, succulent, savory and tender.
For the first year and a half of our business, every piece of beef was personally selected by me (Jimmy) and trimmed by hand with the knife that I own (all paid for) and cut in a specific way to ensure tenderness in each bite.  Using only the freshest ingredients, chopped by me with my trusty knife, our special marinade and fresh flavors penetrate deep into the beef for several days.  Of course, I can only do so much, so now I have help!   I want everyone to taste what beef jerky can really be at its' full potential.
There are thousands of types of jerky, and any number of those you can find in your local market.  With all these choices, our Jerky stands out.  Think of it as a little bag of steak; tender, and full of flavor.  In our opinion, nothing out there comes close to our Sticky Jerky in flavor, texture or addiction level.  We personally guarantee that every batch of Jimmy's Sticky Jerky we make has been taste-tested by us, and tasted and tested, and tasted and tested.  Once you open the bag, you can't put it down, and that old thing called "sharing" pretty much goes out the window.
Our beef jerky is made locally here in the South Bay of southern California.  We work with recycled materials in our packaging as much as possible and are always looking for ways to reduce our Carbon Footprint to do our part to help the environment.
We hope you enjoy our Jerky as much as we enjoy making it (and eating it).
- Jimmy and Monaka

My Review

I am lucky enough to be able to sample and review some amazing beef jerky from Jimmy's Beef Jerky. When I received this beef jerky I have to admit, I do not know what I was in for! I received 2 bags, one Beef Sweet "Sweet" Beef Jerky and one Cilantro Lime. Cilantro & Lime
By the time I took them out of the package, my brother, 21, grabbed them and devoured them before I was able to snap a picture. I was able to steal a piece of each though so I could  taste test.   

My favorite thing about this beef jerky, is it is all LOW SODIUM. I am  only 26, but have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I  hate that I can not always eat all the same things as I have before, but when I find products lower in sodium, that taste even better then the high sodium beef jerky I am SOLD! 

I am not good at explaining meat, so I will try the best I can. LOL Once my brother opened the bag, the smell of the Beef sweet was amazing my mouth began to water. I have been sick the past week with a bad head cold, just yesterday, I began feeling better yesterday morning, so I was excited to try it. The meat is so soft on my teeth, moist, flavorful with a kick of spice. It is sticky but it makes the taste bolder. The taste of The Beef Sweet is like a Terriaki with a bit of a pepper kick. Its tasteful, and although not a meal, its a great snack. The Beef Cilantro Lime,  taste like in my opinion a Carne Asada Taco with lime, which is how I eat my tacos. At first your wondering where the spice kick is, then after your about to swallow it hits you, but its not bad, its added flavor in a way. 

My brother, dad, brothers girlfriend, and myself cant wait to get more! It is honestly the best beef jerky I have tried to day. I believe their are three kind of people; crunchy, hard beef jerky lovers, soft, moist, and easier on the teeth, and those who do not like beef jerky. I fall under the first two, but I must admit I prefer the soft, moist, and almost juicy  beef jerky over the crunchy hard jerky. 


Why is your Jerky different? – Most jerky is very dry and leathery.  Our Jerky is cut special, marinated and thencooked and packaged in a special way to ensure every piece is moist and as tender as possible.  It’s more like steak.
What do you use in your marinades? – We use fresh ingredients like ginger and garlic that we peel and chop by hand, and the Jalapeno and Habanero peppers we use are fresh, never dried or powdered.
What about Sodium? – We use only low-sodium soy sauce from Kikkoman, which is about the best you can buy, and is also an environmentally conscious company which is important to us.  Our jerky has less sodium than most others and never contains any added MSG, additives or preservatives.
Why are the pieces so varied in size? – Every piece of Jimmy’s Sticky Jerky is hand-trimmed and sliced with a knife by Jimmy.  No slicers or automated processes, just plain old-fashioned cutting.
What kind of meat do you use? – We use only the best Eye of Round beef we can find and our Turkey Jerky is made from 100% turkey breast.
Why don’t you have resealable bags? – Our jerky is so good, you shouldn't have anything left to "re-seal"! :)  Plus,resealable pouches are more expensive, and we want to keep the cost to our customers as low as possible.  We thought you'd like that.  After all, you’re not eating the package, you’re eating the jerky.
If you have any specific questions about our company or our product, please contact us directly by email or ask us on our Facebook page, we will be happy to answer anything you ask. 
We hope you enjoy eating our Jerky as much as we enjoy making it.
-Jimmy.

Available flavors: 
Beef Jerky: 
"Fire" Beef Jerky"Heat" Beef JerkyBlack Pepper JerkyCilantro & Lime

Turkey Jerky
Sticky Heat -TurkeySticky Sweet -Turkey


Interested in trying some for yourself? 
Twitter: @JimStickyJerky

No comments:

Post a Comment