Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A boy and his dog

There is no greater bond then a boy and his dog. These two have an amazing bond, she is his protector, and he is her companion.
 
June 2013, we added a new addition to our family, a beautiful female black lab, named COCO.  My  mom had been talking to my son for a while about getting a dog. My son Jared, now almost 7,  went with my mom to look and see if they could find a new pet to bring home.  They went to a local humane society to try and save a dog life.  They found two dogs, a Chihuahua, and COCO. My mom put her name on the list to get COCO. The day before we were suppose to bring her home, my mom received a call that she was not available anymore. My mom was planning to go anyway the next  any day, and was ready to again find a dog. Almost there, my  mom received the call that Cocos previous owners turned her down, we were able to bring her home. My son was so excited.
 
Since day one, she has made her self at home here. She is a wonderful, loving and a great protector.  I use to worry every time my son was outside, even in the back yard. I live in a better then before area, and still have a fear of something happening to my son.  Doesn't this happen to all moms? Every  time now my son goes outside, the dog is with him. I feel a lot better now knowing that she is protective and always watching over Jared.
 
 The pictures below only begin to show you the love these to have together. He loves to
 throw her KONG brand dog toys with her, and he loves to go to the dog park with her and play.
 

I could not have asked to bring home a better dog from the humane society, then we brought home. She is a big member of our family, and extremely loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment